Accreditation & Professional Memberships
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and has been continuously since 1975.
Professional programs, as designated below, also have been accredited by appropriate national associations. Accreditation indicates that the University is recognized and approved by regional and national associations concerned with the quality of higher education and it assures that study undertaken here has transfer value to other accredited institutions of higher education.
- Baccalaureate degree programs in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering (Nuclear Option) Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Plastics Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), http://www.abet.org.
- The Baccalaureate degree programs in Electronic Engineering Technology and Mechanical Engineering Technology are accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission (TAC) of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, the Master of Business Administration Program, the Master of Science in Innovation and Technological Entrepreneurship (MSITE) and the Master of Science in Accounting are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, International (AACSB)
- The Work Environment Master of Science degree in Occupational and Environmental Hygiene is accredited by the Applied Science Accreditation Commission (ASAC) of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- The Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT) program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- The Baccalaureate programs in Art and Design are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- The Baccalaureate program in Clinical Laboratory Sciences: Medical Technology option is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACL)
- The Baccalaureate and master’s degree programs in Music are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- The graduate programs in Education are accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- The Baccalaureate, master's and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs in Nursing are accredited by the Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- The Baccalaureate program in Environmental Health is accredited by the national Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC)
- The Master of Science degree in Medical Physics, the doctoral program in Radiological Sciences-Medical Physics Option, and the doctoral program in Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology, Medical Physics Option are accredited by the Medical Physics Commission for Medical Physics Educational Programs (CAMPEP)
- The Bachelor of Science in Radiological Health Physics and the Master of Science program in Radiological Sciences and Protection are accredited by ABET Applied Science Accreditation Commission (ASAC)
For more information, contact Accreditation Liaison Officer in the Provost's Office at 978-934-2635.
The University is a member of the following associations of higher education:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, International
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Council on Education
- American Society of Allied Health Professions
- Association for Gerontology in Higher Education
- Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- College Entrance Examination Board
- Council of Colleges of Arts and Sciences
- Massachusetts Association of Colleges of Nursing
- National Association of Summer Sessions
- National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- National University Continuing Education Association
- New England Board of Higher Education
- North East Consortium of Colleges and Universities in Massachusetts