Do you know a student in need?
Housing Security Pilot Program
Ten Massachusetts community colleges, UMass and state university campuses are working with the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education and the Massachusetts Commissioner for Unaccompanied Homeless Youth to conduct a pilot program to address student housing insecurity and homelessness.
Students who are accepted will be eligible for on-campus housing and meal plans, as well as academic and social services during their time in the program.
You can complete and submit this application and attach a copy of your Financial Aid award letter (if you have it) as soon as possible if you are interested in being considered for the pilot. Please beware that we have very limited spots and that you may be placed on an extended waiting list. Before submitting an application, you are encouraged to email email@example.com and schedule a meeting before applying.
Applicants will also be asked to take part in an interview. The content of this application is CONFIDENTIAL and will only be shared among members of the team making decisions on student admissions to the pilot.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Applicant must maintain or be working toward full-time enrollment (12 or more credits) in a degree-seeking program and have completed at least one semester at their community college or university.
- Applicants must agree to work with a case manager to
- develop a service plan that will develop life-skills and/or advance academic coursework, and
- create a transition plan to secure permanent housing post-graduation.
- There is no GPA requirement. However, students must be in good academic and behavioral standing as defined by the campuses where they are registered and (if different) reside.
- Applicants must be 25 years old or younger to participate in the pilot due to funding stipulations by the Massachusetts Commission on Unaccompanied Homeless Youth (Please note: housing will be provided to registered students only and cannot be extended to friends, relatives or dependents).
- Applicants may not be carrying a balance over $1,000 on their student accounts at the time they are accepted into the pilot.