The Massachusetts Department of Children & Families offers a variety of support to help foster youth finance their post-secondary education. If you are current and/or have been in foster care you may be eligible for scholarship and grant programs that are available to foster youth.
For more information on each of these programs, students, social workers and college administrators can contact:
- Kristen Quinlan, DCF Education & Training Supervisor by phone: 617-784-2204 or email: email@example.com.
- Laurie Hernandez, DCF Education & Training Social Worker via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on DCF Adolescent & Young Adult Services, please review Massachusetts Health and Human Services' Adolescent Services Website
Helpful points of contact for DCF affiliated Foster Youth at UMass Lowell are:
- Someris Rivera, Senior Assistant Director of Financial Aid, email: Someris_Rivera@uml.edu, phone at 978-934-2402
- Rich Doria, Assistant Director of Family & Student Support Resources, email: Richard_Doria@uml.edu.
- Ann Ciaraldi, Associate Dean of Student Affairs for Violence Prevention & Compliance, email: Ann_Ciaraldi@uml.edu, phone at 978-934-2100