- Ph D: Chemistry & Biochemistry, (2010), University of California, Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz, CA
Dissertation/Thesis Title: Total synthesis of two stereoisomers of cyclocinamide A
- BS: Chemistry, (2004), University of Southern California - Los Angeles, CA
- Curzon, S.S., Garcia, J., Konopelski, J.P. (2015). Total synthesis of nominal cyclocinamide B and investigation into the identity of the cyclocinamides. Tetrahedron Letters, 56(23) 2991-2994.
- Garcia, J., Curzon, S.S., Watts, K.R., Konopelski, J.P. (2012). Total Synthesis of Nominal (11S)- and (11R)-Cyclocinamide A. Organic Letters, 14(8) 2054-2057.
- Prakash, G.S., Ismail, R., Garcia, J., Panja, C., Rasul, G., Mathew, T., Olah, G.A. (2011). α-Halogenation of carbonyl compounds: halotrimethylsilane–nitrate salt couple as an efficient halogenating reagent system. Tetrahedron Letters, 52(11) 1217-1221.
- Incorporating green chemistry and sustainability into the undergraduate organic teaching labs - 256th American Chemical Society National Conference, August 2018 - Boston, MA
- Synthesis of a naturally-occurring nitro compound by electrophilic aromatic substitution - 256th American Chemical Society National Conference, August 2018 - Boston, MA
- Technology-guided discovery in the undergraduate organic lab - UMass Lowell Teaching and Learning Symposium, 2015 - Lowell, MA
- Rigid amine-containing pyrrolidinones as CB1 antagonists: synthesis, investigation and evaluation - National Institute on Drug Abuse Diversity Workshop, 2012 - Bethesda, MA
- Rigid amine-containing pyrrolidinones as CB1 antagonists - 243rd American Chemical Society National Conference, March 2012 - San Diego, CA
- Progress toward the total syntheses of cyclocinamides A and B - 237th American Chemical Society National Conference, March 2009 - Salt Lake City, UT
- Progress toward the total synthesis of cyclocinamide A - Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science National Conference, October 2008 - Salt Lake City, UT