Cleaning and Disinfection
Quinn M, Henneberger P, and members of the NIOSH-NORA Cleaning and Disinfecting in Healthcare Working Group (pdf). Cleaning and disinfecting environmental surfaces in health care: Toward an integrated framework for infection and occupational illness prevention. American Journal of Infection Control, 2015. Published open access online on March 16, 2015. doi:10.1016/j.ajic.2015.01.029 (peer-reviewed scientific publication)
Markkanen P, Quinn M, Galligan C, Bello A. Cleaning in Healthcare Facilities: Reducing human health effects and environmental impacts (pdf). (2009). Health Care Research Collaborative.
The following are in PDF format:
- Are Microfiber Mops Beneficial for Hospitals? (case study)
- 10 Reasons to Use Microfiber Mopping (factsheet)
Medical Sharps Injury Prevention
- How to calculate sharps injury rates (factsheet)
- Tips for Selecting Medical Sharps Devices (factsheet)
- Tips for Fine Tuning Your Exposure Control Plan (factsheet)
- Use MedWatch to Report Sharps Injuries or Near-Injuries (factsheet)
- Eliminating Mercury in Health Care: A workbook to identify safer alternatives (workbook)
- Mercury in Eye Surgery Settings: Is there mercury hiding in your clinic or office? (factsheet)
- Mercury in Gauges and Switches (factsheet)
- Quinn MM, Fuller TP, Bello A, Galligan CJ. Pollution prevention--occupational safety and health in hospitals: alternatives and interventions. J Occup Environ Hyg. 2006 Apr;3(4):182-93. PMID:16531291 (peer-reviewed publication)
For more information, contact Catherine Galligan, Program Manager, 978-934-3386, SafeHomeCare@uml.edu.