February 1 - April 7, 2023
The Graduate Pathogen Research Club (GPRC) is excited to host its first image competition. Open to all UMass Lowell undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students. Students are welcome to upload images that represent the science and research that they do in their labs. Images can be photographs, microscopic images, graphical abstracts, 3D renderings or any other science related images. This will be an excellent opportunity for students to showcase their inner talent where science meets art. To enter the competition, please fill out the survey below and a link to upload the image will be sent to your email. Please review the terms and conditions for information on image specifications.
Winning images will be chosen by a panel of judges from the Center for Pathogen Research & Training (CPRT). The winning entries will be featured on the CPRT website and will receive a monetary prize.
GPRC Image Competition Terms & Conditions
- Entrant must be a graduate or undergraduate student who is currently enrolled at the University of Massachusetts Lowell
- The uploaded image must be a product of the student’s own research at UML and must be sole property of the entrant
- Students may upload multiple images but are only eligible to win once
- All types of image and magnification sizes are accepted
- Image must be a JPEG or PNG file of 8 MB or less
- Digitally enhanced or altered images are not accepted
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights are not eligible
- The entrant agrees to provide licensing for the University to post the image to the Center for Pathogen Research and Training (CPRT) website if selected as a winning image
- Graduate Pathogen Research Club (GPRC) reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears to tamper with the competition, violate these rules, or does not comply with the UML Student Code of Conduct
- By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the rules of the Image Competition as stated above