- Ph D, (2017), Fox Business School, Temple University
- MS, (2012), University of Delaware
- BA, (2010), University of Nottingham, Ningbo, China
Selected Awards and Honors
- Teaching Excellence Awards (2022), Teaching - UMass Lowell
- Best Reviewer for 2022 Hawaii Accounting Research Conference (HARC) (2021), Service, Professional - Hawaii Accounting Research Conference
- Teaching Excellence Awards (2019), Teaching - UMass Lowell
- 9th Young Scholar Interdisciplinary Forum Funding (2014) - Fox School of Business, Temple University
- University Fellowship (2014) - Temple University
- Financial Risk Managers (FRM) Scholarship (2011)
- Graduate Education Scholarship (2011) - University of Delaware
- Dean’s Scholarship (2010) - University of Nottingham, Ningbo, China
- Han, Y. (Wenzhou Kean University ), Mao, C. (Temple University), Tan, H. (McGill University), Zhang, C. (). Climatic Disasters and Distracted Analysts. Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Bradley, D. (University of South Florida), Mao, C. (Temple University), Zhang, C. (). Do Corporate Taxes Affect Workplace Safety? Journal of Accounting and Public Policy.
- Bradley, D. (University of South Florida), Hu, D. (University of St. Thomas,), Yuan, X., Zhang, C. (). Trade secret protection and product market dynamics. Journal of Corporate Finance.
- Blocher, J., Zhang, C. (2022). Who is Buying and (not) Lending When Shorts Are Selling? Journal of Financial Markets, 57.
- Bradley, D., Mao, C., Zhang, C. (2022). Does Analyst Coverage Affect Workplace Safety? Management Science, 68 3464-3487.
- Huang, K., Shang, C., Zhang, C. (2021). Working Hard for Long-Distance Relationship: Geographic Proximity and Relationship-Specific Investments. Financial Management, 50 985-1011.
- Blocher, J., Haslag, P., Zhang, C. (2020). Short Trading and Short Investing. Journal of Empirical Finance, 59 154-171.
- Bai, J., Lee, E., Zhang, C. (2020). Capital Market Frictions and Human Capital Investment: Evidence from Workplace Safety around Regulation SHO. The Financial Review, 55 339-360.
- Mao, C., Zhang, C. (2018). Managerial Risk-Taking Incentive and Firm Innovation: Evidence from FAS 123R . Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 53 867-898.
- - 2022 American Finance Association (AFA) Conference, January 2022
- - 2022 Hawaii Accounting Research Conference , January 2022 - Hawaii
- - 2020 American Economic Association (AEA) Annual Meeting, 2020
- - 2019 FMA Annual Meeting, 2019 - New Orleans
- - American Finance Association (AFA) Annual Meeting , 2019
- - Boston Area Finance Symposium (BAFS), 2018
- - Eastern Finance Association (EFA) Annual Meeting, 2018
- - Financial Management Association (FMA) Annual Meeting, 2018
- - International Risk Management Conference (IRMC), 2018
- - Midwest Finance Association (MFA) Annual Meeting, 2018
- - Northern Finance Association (NFA) Annual Meeting, 2018
- - Rodney L. White Center Conference on Asset Markets and Financial Decisions at Wharton, 2018
- - American Accounting Association (AAA) Annual Meeting, 2017
- - Southern Finance Association (SFA) Annual Meeting, 2017
Selected Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research
- 2020 Massachusetts Offshore Wind Workforce Project (2021), Grant -
Zhang, C. (Co-Principal)
- Medical Marijuana and Labor Injuries (2019), Grant - Manning School of Business and University of Massachusetts Lowell
Phan, H.V., Zhang, C., Walter, A.W.