Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Corporate and Partnership Tax
- MBA, (1996), University of Massachusetts Lowell - Lowell, MA
- BBA: Accounting, (1995), University of Massachusetts Lowell - Lowell, MA
Laura Christianson began her professional career in public accounting at Mullen and Company. Laura continued working in public accounting at EY for 3 years before transitioning into private industry. She has also worked as a consultant for developing curriculum for online education. Her experience includes corporate and partnership tax returns, consolidations, SEC reporting, overseeing accounting and financial reporting for multiple real estate partnerships, budgeting, forecasting and management reporting.
Laura has been teaching at UMass Lowell since 2001 and served as the MBA Director for the Manning School of Business from 2012-2015. She is currently an Associate Teaching Professor and also serves as an advisor for the Accounting Society for the Manning School of Business. Laura is a member of the American Society of Women Accountants, Massachusetts Society of CPAs, Institute of Management Accountants, American Institute of CPAs, Ernst and Young alumni network and Beta Gamma Sigma.
Selected Awards and Honors
- National Honor Society Member, Scholarship/Research - Sigma Iota Epsilon National Honor Society
- 2018 Teaching Excellence Award (2018), Teaching - University of Massachusetts Lowell
- 2015 Teaching Excellence Award (2015), Teaching - University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Exemplary Dedication Award (2015), Service, University - Manning School of Business
- Optimizing course delivery utilizing online resources - Northeast Regional Meeting of the American Accounting Association (AAA), October 2016 - Quincy, MA