ExpertisePediatric health psychology; childhood chronic conditions; asthma; sleep; pain; behavior genetics; ecological momentary assessment
Pediatric health psychology; childhood chronic conditions; asthma; sleep; pain; behavior genetics; ecological momentary assessment
Through use of novel methodologies, advanced statistical modeling, and objective assessment, Dr. Miadich's program of research focuses on pediatric health psychology, specifically examining prevalent chronic conditions (e.g., asthma, sleep problems) from risk and resilience frameworks to delineate targets of intervention to improve child and adolescent outcomes.
- Postdoc: Developmental Psychology and Behavior Genetics , Arizona State University - Tempe, AZ
- Ph D: Health Psychology, (2017), Virginia Commonwealth University - Richmond, VA
- MA: Clinical Psychology, (2010), Ball State University - Muncie, IN
- BA: Psychology, (2008), University of Dayton - Dayton, OH
- Miadich, S., Shrewsbury, A.M., Doane, L.D., Davis, M.C., Clifford, S., Lemery-Chalfant , K. (). Children’s Sleep, Impulsivity, and Anger: Shared Genetic Etiology and Implications for Developmental Psychopathology. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry.
- Miadich, S., Everhart, R.S., Greenlee, J., Winter, M.A. (2020). The impact of cumulative stress on asthma outcomes among urban adolescents. Journal of adolescence, 80 254-263.
- Heron, K.E., Miadich, S., Everhart, R.S., Smyth, J.M. (2019). Ecological momentary assessment and related intensive longitudinal designs in family and couples research. American Psychological Association
- Lemery-Chalfant, K., Oro, V., Rea-Sandin, G., Miadich, S., Lecarie, E., Clifford, S., Doane, L.D., Davis, M.C. (2019). Arizona Twin Project: Specificity in Risk and Resilience for Developmental Psychopathology and Health. Twin research and human genetics : the official journal of the International Society for Twin Studies, 22(6) 681-685.
- Miadich, S., Doane, L.D., Davis, M.C., Lemery-Chalfant, K. (2019). Early parental positive personality and stress: Longitudinal associations with children's sleep. British journal of health psychology, 24(3) 629-650.
- Sutter, M.E., Everhart, R.S., Miadich, S., Rudy, A.K., Nasim, A., Cobb, C.O. (2018). Patterns and Profiles of Adolescent Tobacco Users: Results From the Virginia Youth Survey. Nicotine & tobacco research : official journal of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco, 20(suppl_1) S39-S47.
- Miadich, S., Everhart, R.S., Heron, K.E., Cobb, C.O. (2018). Medication use, sleep, and caregiver smoking status among urban children with asthma. The Journal of asthma : official journal of the Association for the Care of Asthma, 55(6) 588-595.
- Everhart, R.S., Borschuk, A.P., Miadich, S., Barsell, J., Heron, K.E. (2018). Caregiver Daily Experiences Associated with Child Asthma Symptoms. American journal of health behavior, 42(2) 50-60.
- Everhart, R.S., Heron, K.E., Leibach, G.G., Miadich, S. (2017). Developing a Mobile Health Intervention for Low-Income, Urban Caregivers of Children with Asthma: A Pilot Study. Pediatric allergy, immunology, and pulmonology, 30(4) 252-256.
- Everhart, R.S., Miadich, S., Leibach, G.G., Borschuk, A.P., Koinis-Mitchell, D. (2016). Acculturation and quality of life in urban, African American caregivers of children with asthma. The Journal of asthma : official journal of the Association for the Care of Asthma, 53(9) 983-8.
- Miadich, S., Everhart, R.S., Borschuk, A.P., Winter, M.A., Fiese, B.H. (2015). Quality of Life in Children With Asthma: A Developmental Perspective. Journal of pediatric psychology, 40(7) 672-9.
- Everhart, R.S., Fedele, D.A., Miadich, S., Koinis-Mitchell, D. (2015). Caregiver quality of life in pediatric asthma: associations with beliefs and concerns about medications and emergency department use. Clinical pediatrics, 54(3) 249-56.
Selected Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Effects of Cumulative Risk on Asthma Outcomes in Urban Children and Adolescents (2015), Fellowship - National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)