Research methods, statistics, adolescent psychopathology, emerging adulthood
Statistics, advanced modeling, developmental psychopathology, adolescent psychopathology, emerging adulthood, high risk populations, Southeast Asia.
Alice Frye has a BA in Southeast Asian studies with a specialization in Indonesia. She has an MPH in reproductive health. She received her Ph.D. in 2001 in Clinical Psychology with a focus on adolescent psychopathology. She completed a postdoctoral research fellowship at Vanderbilt University. She has four years experience as a full time lecturer at the University of Toledo and at the University of Massachusetts-Boston. Prior to coming to UML, Frye worked as a research scientist and methodologist at the Wellesley Centers for Women. Frye is particularly interested in making research and statistics courses accessible and even enjoyable for students from all types of learning backgrounds and abstract abilities, and understanding the ways in which these cornerstone courses fit into the overall department curriculum. She is also interested in understanding the factors that influence freshman year retention and attrition, and maximizing freshman year academic experiences.
- White, D., Hillier, A.J., Frye, A.A., Makrez, E. (2018). College Students’ Knowledge and Attitudes towards Students on the Autism Spectrum. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders.
- Worthley, J.P., Hostetler, A.J., Frye, A.A. (2017). Motivated to Seek Help: Masculine Norms and Self-regulated Motivation in Self-help Groups. 18(1) 20-31.
- Abreu, M., Hillier, A.J., Frye, A.A., Goldstein, J. (2016). Student Experiences Utilizing Disability Support Services in a University Setting. . College Student Journal, 50(3) 323 - 328.
- Marshall, N., Frye, A.A., Roberts, J. (2011). Social Context, Child Care Selection and Parental Decision-making. Conference Papers -- American Sociological Association, 1896.
- Weisz, J.R., Chorpita, B.F., Frye, A.A., Ng, M., Lau, N., Bearman, S.K., Ugueto, A., Langer, D., Hoagwood, K.E. (2011). Youth Top Problems: Using Idiographic, Consumer-Guided Assessment to Identify Treatment Needs and to Track Change During Psychotherapy. Journal of Consulting & Clinical Psychology, 79(3) 369-380.
- Alexander, P., Morris, E., Tracy, A., Frye, A.A. (2010). Stages of Change and the Group Treatment of Batterers: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Violence & Victims, 25(5) 571-587.
- Marshall, N., Robeson, W., Frye, A.A., Tracy, A. (2009). Welfare Reform, Subsidized Child Care, and Family and Child Well-being. Conference Papers -- American Sociological Association, 1.