Matriculated students are part of the Graduate Student Organization (GSO) and each year they elect officers from the student body.
The mission of the School of Education GSO is:
- To provide students with an avenue for student input to the School of Education faculty.
- To promote opportunities for students, administration, staff and faculty to interact outside of regular classes.
- To represent the School of Education at university-wide Graduate Student Association meetings.
- To promote better communication among graduate education students.
- To provide School of Education students with information about the university, the Lowell community, and the region.
- To provide student input to the School of Education faculty regarding course selection and evaluation.
- To act as a liaison with the administration of the School of Education providing forums for student information, colloquiums and educational opportunities.
Club E-mail: GSE_GSO@Student.uml.edu
The GSO sponsors the Symposium on Educational Research and Practice. The GSO is part of UMass Lowell’s Graduate Student Association, which provides grants for research and other scholarly activity. The professional-development award information can be found at www.uml.edu/gsa.