Do you have an idea? Are you interested in pursuing that idea and learning more about how DifferenceMaker can help you? View and utilize the DifferenceMaker workshop resources below.
Idea Challenge Materials
- Please log into the Manage your TeamMaker page and click on the "Start Idea Plan" link for your project. Complete and submit your Idea Plan by 5 p.m. on March 3, 2022.
- 2022 Toolkit Questionnaire Worksheet (email: DifferenceMaker@uml.edu to request the template). This packet will walk you through each step of developing your idea and Idea Plan.
Workshop Materials (from 2019)
Were you unable to attend a workshop this year? Do you need assistance through the Idea Challenge process? Please see DifferenceMaker's past workshop materials for help in preparing your Idea Plan and Rocket Pitch for the 2022 $50,000 Idea Challenge.
Identifying Problems: Workshop 1
Assessing Opportunities and Value Propositions: Workshop 2
- Assessing Opportunities and Value Propositions Presentation (pdf)
- Assessing Opportunities and Value Propositions Video
Developing Business Models: Workshop 3
Delivering your Rocket Pitch: Workshop 4
University Innovation was created by students, for students for all things related to Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship on U.S. college campuses. Create an account today and begin contributing to this growing and valuable resource by sharing what's going on at your campus! Interested? Learn more and create an account today!
Other Helpful Resources
View the links below to learn more about problems, opportunities, solutions and resources which are discussed in greater detail at the workshop events.
- 9 steps to effective business problem solving
- A creative problem-solving process
- Social entrepreneurship: Harnessing the market to solve world problems
- Ashton Kutcher: Entrepreneurship is about solving problems, not fame or money
- IBISWorld: The world's largest provider of industry-based research
- Customer Interview Tips (pdf). These tips will help you interview your customers and gather data from your target market.
- Students show off their solutions to world problems at Google Fair
- Video: UMass Lowell student solutions that make a difference
- Video: Impact: Sustainable students making a difference
- NCIIA: Funding and training student technology innovators
- Guidance through Massachusetts Medical Device Development Center
- Arizona State Change Maker Competition
- Other student challenges