5th Annual Bio Manufacturing Summit
May 23-24, 2016
This exciting and interactive workshop-style event focused on: The Future of Biomanufacturing.
- Location: UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center, Lowell, MA
- Hosted by: the Biomanufacturing Science and Technology Consortium (BSTC), Massachusetts BioManufacturing Center (MBMC), and the University of Massachusetts, Lowell
Distinguished thought leaders across four sessions presented the changing landscape of biomanufacturing:
- Cell & Gene Therapeutics, Vaccines;
- Protein Therapeutics & Analytical
- Regulatory Sciences, Standardization and Workforce Development
- Protein Therapeutics & Formulation
It was a chance to interact with professionals and leaders of the biopharmaceutical industry on current biomanufacturing challenges and breakthrough technologies.
- Emerging Technology and New Therapeutics
- Regulatory Sciences and Standardization
- Industry Practices and New Trends in PAT, QbD, Quality Metrics, and Process Validation
- Integrated Continuous Manufacturing Systems
- Synthetic Biology in Biomanufacturing
It was also a chance to network with professionals from major biopharmaceutical manufacturers and a variety of technology providers.
- 2016 Summit Overview (pdf)
- Tim Charlebois, Ph.D., Vice President, BioTherapeutics Pharmaceutical Sciences, Technology & Innovation, Pfizer
- Larry Lee, Ph.D., Acting Director, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Office of Pharmaceutical Quality, Immediate Office
- Barbara Thorne, Ph.D., Consultant, Thorne Bio-Consulting LLC
- David Knop, Ph.D., Executive Director, Process Development, Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC)
- Erika M. McAfee, M.S., Scientist, Lonza Walkersville
- Krishnendu Roy, Ph.D., Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Tech
- Sadettin S. Ozturk, Ph.D., Deputy Director, Process Development, MassBiologics
- Wei-Shou Hu, Ph.D., Professor of Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Anthony J. Sinskey, Ph.D., Professor of Microbiology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Alex Lazar, Ph.D., Head of Analytical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, ImmunoGen, Inc.
- John C. Gebler, Ph.D., Director of Biopharma Business Development, Waters Corp
- Patrick Swann, Ph.D., Senior Director, Biogen, Inc.
- Michael J. Betenbaugh, Ph.D., Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- Rajesh Beri, Ph.D., Technical Director R&T, BioManufacturing, Lonza Biologics
- Michael J. Tarlov, Ph.D., Chief, Biomolecular Measurement Division, NIST
- Jean Hu-Primmer, M.S., Health Scientist and Senior Advisor for Continuous Manufacturing, Influenza Division, BARDA/ASPR
- Kamal Rashid, Ph.D., Director and Research Professor, Biomanufacturing Education and Training Center, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- M. Nazmul Karim, Ph.D., Professor of Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M University
- Abraham Lenhoff, Ph.D., Professor of Chemical Engineering, University of Delaware
- Robert S. Gronke, Ph.D., Senior Principal Scientist, Biogen, Inc.
- Steve Cramer, Ph.D., William Weightman Walker Professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Ruben Carbonell, Ph.D., Director, Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center (BTEC), NC State University
- Michael Phillips, Ph.D., Director, Next Generation BioProcessing R&D, EMD Millipore
- Rachel Kroe-Barrett, Ph.D., Immune Modulation and Biotherapeutics Discovery, Director, Biophysics, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals