Fully Equipped Shared Lab Space
The Massachusetts Medical Device Development Center has expanded and our new light and bright, fully equipped shared lab facility, at 110 Canal Street, 4th Floor, in Lowell, Mass. is ready to welcome many more medical device and biotech start-up entrepreneurs!
M2D2 will offer biotechnology and medical device startup companies dedicated lab space, BSL2 capabilities, equipment and services, open co-working and collaboration space and meeting and conferencing space.
The 11,000 sq. ft. center is made up of a fully-equipped, shared lab facility that can house 50 researchers and also includes plenty of co-working and meeting spaces. Add in parking and its close (three-block, seven-minute walk) proximity to the MBTA commuter rail, and you have the perfect new home for Boston start-ups.
Start-up companies and entrepreneurs utilizing M2D2's new center will have access to all UMass Lowell and the UMass Chan Medical School in Worcester have to offer. Engineering, prototyping, clinician review, animal trials, clinical trials, business mentoring, and partnerships with investors are all available at their fingertips.
Rates have been set and tours are available. If you are interested in our new facility please contact Mary Ann Picard either by email at M2D2@uml.edu or by telephone at 978-934-3465.
We cannot wait to show this new lab facility less than 30 miles from Boston.
Some Equipment of This Space
- Thermo Electron Nicolet 6700 FT-IR
- Freezers, -20C
- G Storm PCR
- CO2 Incubators
- Thermo Fisher 20-25 degree refrigerated incubator
- Labconco FreeZone Plus 6L Lyophilizer (-89°)
- Biomate 3S UV/VIS Spectrophotometer
- Flexi-Dry Freeze Dryer (-89°)
- Harvest Right Shelf Freeze dryer
- pH meters
- Brookfield CAP 200+ Viscometer
- Vacuum oven
- Fluor Chem E Gel imager
- Milli-Q Type 1 water systems
- Silverson L5MA High Shear mixer
- Refrigerators, 4C
- Beckman Coulter TLX-120K Benchtop Ultracentrifuge
- Leica DM EZ4 Dissection Microscope with Digital Camera
- Steris XL 500 Glassware Washer
- VanGuard Inverted Laboratory Microscope
Features of This New Space
- Lab Space
- Lab equipment with maintenance and technical support
- Easy access to MBTA Commuter Rail
- Lab training and EHS compliance
- Conference rooms & meeting space
- Waste removal
- Co-working area
- Access to UMass Medical School resources
- Access to UMass Lowell business, engineering & prototyping resources
- Kitchen cafe area
- Secure access
- Educational programming for start-up companies