The Massachusetts Medical Device Development Center (M2D2) leverages the engineering, business and clinical strengths of the UMass campuses in Lowell and Worcester to provide fee-based services in the areas of business planning, product prototype development and clinical pathway assistance. In addition, M2D2 offers incubator space.
A listing of these services & facilities is presented below. If you believe your medical device would benefit from the services & facilities provided by M2D2, we encourage you to start a conversation with M2D2 by submitting an M2D2 Participation Application Form (doc).
If appropriate, we may invite you and your team to discuss your application further with the M2D2 Executive Board.
Additional fee-based services of value to bio-tech and medical device start-ups include:
Business Development Assistance
- Business opportunity assessment
- Business plan development services
- Engineering and design assistance
Engineering and Design Assistance
- Prototype design and development services
- Prototype costing and manufacturing assistance
Clinical Pathway Assistance
- Consultation for clinical pathway studies
- Access to patient population for clinical trials
- Facilitates partnership with clinical investigators
Incubator Space & Facilities
Guidance and Assistance with STTR/SBIR Applications
STTR/SBIR funding and forms (STTR due dates are April 5, August 5 and December 5 annually)
We can also refer you to M2D2 network partners for additional capabilities including:
- A network of private sector design, fabrication, and testing firms
- Interface with MassMEDIC IGNITE program
- Connections to Massachusetts Venture Capitalist and Angel Network
- Market research and analysis
- Regulatory support for FDA submissions