The Massachusetts Medical Device Development Center (M2D2) leverages the engineering, business and clinical strengths of the UMass campuses in Lowell and Worcester to provide fee-based services in the areas of business planning, product prototype development and clinical pathway assistance. In addition, M2D2 offers incubator space.
A listing of these services & facilities is presented below. If you believe your medical device would benefit from the services & facilities provided by M2D2, we encourage you to start a conversation with M2D2 by submitting an M2D2 Participation Application Form.
If appropriate, we may invite you and your team to discuss your application further with the M2D2 Executive Board.
Additional fee-based services of value to bio-tech and medical device start-ups include:
Incubator Space & Facilities
- Office space and conference rooms
- Private office suite with 5 offices, a small kitchen, and a conference room (2000 square feet)
- Private office space (300 square feet)
- Private and Co-Working Wet lab space
- Access to University of Massachusetts engineering and research facilities & medical facilities
- University of Massachusetts Lowell Core Research Facilities (CRF) (follow the link for more information on the CRF and a list of CRF Services and Instruments)
- More information regarding facilities can be found on the M2D2 Start-up facilities webpage
- University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School
55 N. Lake Ave.
Worcester, MA 01655
- University of Massachusetts M2D2
110 Canal Street, 4th Floor
Lowell, MA 01852
- Wannalancit Business Center
600 Suffolk Street, 2nd Floor
Lowell, MA 01854