Research has shown that Corrections Officers are exposed to high levels of stress and various mental health hazards during their work life and these exposures have negative impacts on their lives and work output.
As a means of addressing these issues, CPH-NEW convenes a national group of corrections health researchers and agency leaders to host a National Symposium on Corrections Worker Health. This symposium brings together researchers, corrections officers, and government agency leaders to focus attention, find solutions, and garner resources to meet the challenges.
- 2019 National Symposium on Corrections Worker Health
- 2017 National Symposium on Corrections Worker Health
- 2014 National Symposium on Corrections Worker Health
Correctional Officer Health Resource Webpages
- Total Worker Health® Mentoring Toolkit For Corrections Personnel
- Work Environment
- Corrections COVID-19 Preparedness
CPH News & Views: Emerging Topics
- Correctional workforce health and wellness. Issue #40
- A Healthy Sleep Intervention for Correctional Supervisors. Issue #57
- Overtime work and work-family conflict among correctional supervisors. Issue #65
For more issues, visit the CPH News & Views: Emerging Topic Briefs webpage.