Applied Behavior Analysis
Applied Behavior Analysis.
As an applied behavior analyst, my research interests are focused on the application of basic principles of behavior to academic and therapeutic settings. My research niche has been on issues related to staff training and treatment integrity, acquisition of verbal behavior in learners with and without developmental disabilities, and applications of behavior analysis to instructional design in higher education. The overarching goal of my research agenda is to demonstrate the efficacy of evidence-based instructional strategies as they are applied to these various problems and settings.
- Ph D: Rehabilitation (Specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis), Southern Illinois University - Carbondale, Illinois
- MS: Behavior Analysis and Therapy, (2005), Southern Illinois University - Carbondale, Illinois
- BA: Psychology, (2001), University of Nevada - Nevada, Reno
Supporting Area: Human Development and Family Studies; French
Selected Awards and Honors
- Graduate Student Mentoring Award (2019) - University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Teaching Excellence (2017), Teaching - University of Massachusetts Lowell, Department of Psychology
- Rosales, R., Whitlow, H. (2019). A component analysis of job interview training for young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (34: pp. 1-6). Behavioral Interventions
- Rosales, R., Jowett-Hirst, E.S., Garcia, Y.A., Rehfeldt, R.A. (2019). Autism Beyond Early Intensive Behavioral Intervention [Editorial] (3: pp. 347-351). Advances in Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Rosales, R. (2019). The Future of Verbal Behavior: Together Is Better. (34: pp. 12-17). The Analysis of Verbal Behavior
- Rosales, R., Soldner, J.L. (2018). An assessment of group size in interteaching. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 18(2) 105-117.
- Rosales, R., Soldner, J. (2018). An evaluation of the pair discussion component of interteaching. The Psychological Record, 68 71-79.
- Rosales, R., Eckerman, D., Martocchio, N. (2018). An evaluation of Train-to Code to teach implementation of PECS. Journal of Organizational Behavior Management, 38(2-3) 144-171.
- Leon, A., Rosales, R. (2018). Effects of bilingual tact instruction for a child with communication disorder. Journal of Behavioral Education, 27 81-100.
- Swerdan, M., Rosales, R. (2017). Comparison of prompting techniques to teach children with autism to ask questions within the context of a conversation. Focus on Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities, 32(2) 93-101.
- Soldner, J.L., Rosales, R., Crimando, W., Schulze, J.C. (2017). Interteaching: Application of an empirically supported behavioral teaching method in distance rehabilitation education. Rehabilitation Research, Policy, and Education, 31(4) 372-386.
- Martocchio, N., Rosales, R. (2017). Video modeling to teach implementation of the Picture Exchange Communication System. . Behavior Analysis Research and Practice, 17(2) 142-154.
- Rosales, N., Rosales, R. (2016). Pyramidal training to teach implementation of the Picture Exchange Communication System. Behavioral Interventions, 31(3) 265 - 282.
- Querol, B.I., Rosales, R., Soldner, J.L. (2015). A Comprehensive Review of Interteaching and its Impact on Student Learning and Satisfaction. Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Psychology, 1(4) 390-411.
- Rosales, R., Rosales, R., Crimando, W. (2015). A comparison of interteaching and classroom lecture in rehabilitation education. Rehabilitation Counselors Educators Journal, 81(1) 91-100.
- Rosales, R., Gongola, L., Homlitas, C. (2015). An Evaluation of Video Modeling with Embedded Instructions to Teach Implementation of Stimulus Preference Assessments. Journal of applied behavior analysis, (1) 209.
- Rosales, R., Gongola, L., Homlitas, C. (2015). An evaluation of video modeling with embedded instructions to teach implementation of stimulus preference assessments. Journal of applied behavior analysis, 48(1) 209-14.
- Homlitas, C., Rosales, R., Candel, L. (2014). A Further Evaluation of Behavioral Skills Training for Implementation of the Picture Exchange Communication System. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 47(1) 198 - 203.
- Vallinger-Brown, M., Rosales, R. (2014). An Investigation of Stimulus Pairing and Listener Training to Establish Emergent Intraverbals in Children with Autism. Analysis of Verbal Behavior (Springer Science & Business Media B.V.), 30(2) 148.
- Rosales, R., Maderitz, C., Garcia, Y.A. (2014). Comparison of Simple and Complex Auditory-visual Conditional Discrimination Training. Journal of applied behavior analysis, 47(2) 437-442.
- Rosales, R., Soldner, J.L., Crimando, W. (2014). Enhancing the Impact of Quality Points in Interteaching. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 14(5) 1-11.
- Gongola, L., Barton, L.E., Gongola, R.J., Rosales, R., Speece, A. (2014). Using Private Blog Sites to Collect Interobserver Agreement and Treatment Integrity Data. Behavioral Development Bulletin, 19(1) 30 - 34.
- Iskander, J.M., Rosales, R. (2013). An Evaluation of the Components of a Social Stories Intervention Package. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 7 1 - 8.
- Rosales, R., Rehfeldt, R.A., Huffman, N. (2012). Examining the Utility of the Stimulus Pairing Observation Procedure with Preschool Children Learning a Second Language. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 45(1) 173 - 177.
- Rosales, R., Rehfeldt, R.A., Lovett, S. (2011). Effects of Multiple Exemplar Training on the Emergence of Derived Relations in Preschool Children Learning a Second Language. Analysis of Verbal Behavior, 27 61 - 74.
- Rosales, R., Worsdell, A., Trahan, M. (2010). Comparison of Methods for Varying Item Presentation during Noncontingent Reinforcement. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 4(3) 367 - 376.
- Dixon, M.R., Jackson, J.W., Small, S.L., Horner-King, M.J., Lik, N.M., Garcia, Y., Rosales, R. (2009). Creating Single-subject Design Graphs in Microsoft Excel™ 2007. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 42(2) 277 - 293.
- Rosales, R., Stone, K., Rehfeldt, R.A. (2009). The Effects of Behavioral Skills Training on Implementation of the Picture Exchange Communication System. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 42(3) 541 - 549.
- Rosales, R., Rehfeldt, R.A. (2007). Contriving Transitive Conditioned Establishing Operations to Establish Derived Manding Skills in Adults with Severe Developmental Disabilities. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 40(1) 105 - 121.
- Dixon, M.R., Small, S.L., Rosales, R. (2007). Extended Analysis of Empirical Citations with Skinner’s Verbal Behavior: 1984-2004. The Behavior Analyst, 30(2) 197 - 209.
Selected Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Signature Grant (2020), Grant - The Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism
Johnson-Green, E. (Principal), Rosales, R. (Co-Principal)