Research focuses on IT use and adoption, information privacy, mobile analytics and behavioral science.
Current research mainly focuses focuses on IT usage and adoption in the mobile system context, organizational system assimilation with enterprise systems, information privacy and data analytics. enterprise systems implementation.
- Ph D: Business Administration, (1989), University of Arizona - Tucson, AZ
Supporting Area: Management Information Systems, Management & Policy
- MS: Management Information Systems, (1986), University of Arizona - Tucson, AZ
- BBA: Accounting, (1983), Penn State University - Middletown, PA
- Other: Accounting, (1979), University of Bombay - Bombay, India
Chair of OIS Department and Professor of MIS. Got his Ph.D. 1989, University of Arizona. He has two books, several journal articles in top MIS journals and recipient of four grants from NIH, NSF, Dep Edu and Davis Foundation
- Sevkli, A. . (Fatih University), Motiwalla, L.F., Abdulkarem, H.F. () "The Design and Implementation of a Context-aware Mobile Hadith Learning System.," International Journal of Mobile Learning and Organization
- Albashrawi, M., Kartal, H., Oztekin, A., Motiwalla, L.F. (2017) "The Impact of Subjective and Objective Experience on Mobile Banking Usage: An Analytical Approach," Proceedings of the 50th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICCS-50)
- Albashrawi, M., Motiwalla, L.F. (2016) "Adoption of Mobile ERP in Traditional-ERP Organizations: The Effect of Computer Self-Efficacy,"
- Albashrawi, M., Motiwalla, L.F. (2016) "Adoption of Mobile ERP in Traditional-ERP Organizations: The Effect of Computer Self-Efficacy," Twenty-second Americas Conference on Information Systems, San Diego, 2016 2016 pp. 5
- Motiwalla, L.F., Li, X. (2016) "Unveiling consumers’ privacy paradox behaviour in an economic exchange," International journal of business information systems 23:3 pp. 307–329
- Albashrawi, M., Motiwalla, L.F. (2015) "The Moderating Effect of Privacy and Personalization in Mobile Banking: A Structural Equation Modeling Analysis,"
- Simons, L.P., Foerster, F., Bruck, P.A., Motiwalla, L.F., Jonker, C.M. (2015) "Microlearning mApp raises health competence: hybrid service design," Health and Technology pp. 1–9
- Simons, L.P., Foerster, F., Bruck, P.A., Motiwalla, L.F., Jonker, C.M. (2014) "Microlearning mApp to Improve Long Term Health Behaviours: Design and Test of Multi-Channel Service Mix," 2th Bled Conference, Bled, Slovina
- Motiwalla, L.F., Li, X. (2013) "Developing privacy solutions for sharing and analysing healthcare data," International Journal of Business Information Systems 13:2 pp. 199-216
- Surma, J., Motiwalla, L.F., Roszkiewicz, M., Wojcik, J. (2013) "Social Network Sites a Source of Customer Behaviors,"
- Joshi, P., Riaz Khan, M., Motiwalla, L.F. (2012) "GLOBAL REVIEW OF PARKING MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS & STRATEGIES.," Proceedings for the Northeast Region Decision Sciences Institute (NEDSI) pp. 477 - 496
- Bruck, P.A., Motiwalla, L.F., Foerster, F. (2012) "Mobile learning with micro-content: a framework and evaluation," 25th Bled eConference. from www. bledconference. org
- Tello, S.F., Motiwalla, L.F. (2010) "Using a Learning Management System to Facilitate Learning Outcomes Assessment," Learning Management System Technologies and Software Solutions for Online Teaching: Tools and Applications
- Motiwalla, L.F. (2009) "A Voice-Enabled E-Learning Service (VoIS) Platform," pp. 597–602
- Li, X., Motiwalla, L.F. (2009) "For Sale by Owner Online: Who Gets the Saved Commission?," Communications of the ACM 52:2 pp. 110-114
- Motiwalla, L.F., Qin, J. (2007) "Enhancing mobile learning using speech recognition technologies: A case study,"
- Motiwalla, L.F. (2007) "Mobile learning: A framework and evaluation," Computers and Education 49:3 pp. 581-596
- Motiwalla, L.F., Khan, M.R., Xu, S. (2005) "An intra- and inter-industry analysis of e-business effectiveness," Information and Management 42:5 pp. 651-667
- Motiwalla, L. (2005) "Speech-enabled mobile learning application.," Symposium, 2005 Wireless Telecommunications pp. 1
- Motiwalla, L.F., Malik, R. (2004) "Exploration of wireless/handheld devices for electronic learning," Proceedings of the Austin Mobility Roundtable
- Chen, Y., Motiwalla, L.F., Khan, M.R. (2004) "Using Super-Efficiency Dea to Evaluate Financial Performance of E-Business Initiative in the Retail Industry," International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making 3:2 pp. 337-351
- Motiwalla, L.F., Khan, M.R. (2003) "Financial impact of e-business initiatives in the retail industry," Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations (JECO) 1:1 pp. 55–73
- Motiwalla, L.F., Hashimi, A. (2003) "Web-Enabling for Competitive Advantage: A Case Study of Himalayan Adventures.," Annals of Cases on Information Technology (ACIT) 5:1 pp. 274
- Shea, T., Motiwalla, L.F., Lewis, D.A. (2001) "Internet-Based Distance Education–The Administrator’s Perspective.," Journal of Education for Business 77:2 pp. 112
- Motiwalla, L. (2000) "An e-education framework for training in the next generation enterprises.," Proceedings Academia/Industry Working Conference on Research Challenges ’00. Next Generation Enterprises: Virtual Organizations & Mobile/Pervasive Technologies. AIWORC’00. (Cat. No.PR00628) pp. 139
- Motiwalla, L.F., Tello, S. (2000) "Distance Learning on the Internet: An Exploratory Study," Internet and Higher Education 2:1 pp. 253-264
- Motiwalla, L.F., Wahab, M. (2000) "Predictable variation and profitable trading of US equities: A trading simulation using neural networks," Computers and Operations Research 27:11-12 pp. 1111-1129
- Motiwalla, L.F., Tello, S.F. (2000) "Short communication: From the trenches: Distance Learning on the Internet: An Exploratory Study.," The Internet and Higher Education 2: pp. 253 - 264
- Motiwalla, L.F., Fairfield-Sonn, J. (1998) "Measuring the impact of expert systems," The Journal of Business and Economic Studies 4:2 pp. 1
- Aiken, M., Motiwalla, L.F., Fish, K., Bsat, M. (1995) "A comparison of neural networks with discriminant analysis," pp. 22–24
- Motiwalla, L.F. (1995) "An intelligent agent for prioritizing e-mail messages," Information Resources Management Journal 8: pp. 16–16
- Motiwalla, L.F., Aiken, M. (1993) "An organizational communications perspective on knowledge-based mail systems," Information & management 25:5 pp. 265–272
- Motiwalla, L.F., Gargeya, V.B. (1992) "Expert systems in service operations," Industrial Management & Data Systems 92:8 pp. 14–19
- Motiwalla, L.F., Nunamaker, Jr, J.F. (1992) "Mail-man: A knowledge-based mail assistant for managers," Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce 2:2 pp. 131–154
- Sheng, O.R., Motiwalla, L.F., Nunamaker, J.F., Vogel, D. (1989) "A framework to support managerial activities using office information systems," 3: pp. 532–540
- Motiwalla, L.F., Higa, K., Sheng, O.R., Nunamaker, J.F. (1989) "A knowledge-based mail system to support managerial activities," 3: pp. 650–659
- The eOutcomes Project: Evaluating Achievement of Learning Outcomes in e-Learning Environments - Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, May 2008 - Baltimore, MD
- Outcome Assessment of Learning Objectives: A Case of for using e-Learning Software - Americas Conference on Information Systems, August 2006 - Acapulco, Mexico
Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research
- New Technology to Preserve Patient Privacy and Data Quality in Health Research (2011), Grant - NIH
Motiwalla, L.F. (Co-Principal)
- New Technology to Preserve Patient Privacy and Data Quality in Health Research (2011), Grant - National Institute of Health
- Cyber Learning: Transforming Ed. TACTiLE: Technology Aided Collaborative Transformation in Learning and Education (2012), Grant - National Science Foundation
- Consumer Electronic Privacy Protection System (2008), Grant - National Science Foundation
- Using an Electronic Learner Management System for Outcomes Assessment Across Academic Disciplines (2006), Grant - Davis Educational Foundation
- Using an Electronic Learner Management System for Outcomes Assessment across Academic Disciplines (2006), Grant - Davis Educational Foundation
Tello, S.F., Carter, K., Motiwalla, L.F.
Research Currently in Progress
- A Qualitative Study On the Adoption of Open Source Enterprise Applications. NEDSI Annual Conference, Alexandria, VA. Mar 31st.
- Understanding Mobile Banking Usage Behavior: An Analytics Approach.