Information Quality, Analytics
Quality of data standards and standard-based data. Analytics of standard-based data. Semantic integration and reuse of Web data.
- Ph D: Technology, Management and Policy, (2006), Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Cambridge, MA
- MS: Technology and Policy, (2002), Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Cambridge, MA
- BS: Dual B.S. Thermal Engineering, Environmental Engineering, (1991), Tsinghua University - Beijing, China
Awards and Honors
- Teaching/Research Scholarship, Sloan School of Management - MIT
- 2015 Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence (2015), Teaching - University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Faculty Appreciation Award (2011) - Graduate Information Technology Student Association
- Doctoral Consortium Fellowship in Enterprise Information Systems (2005) - National Science Foundation
- (2004) - MIT
- Outstanding Graduate (1991) - Tsinghua University
- Chen, C., Lin, J., Zhu, H. (2017) "Employee Integrity and Corporate Information Quality," Working Paper
- Karim, K., Lin, J., Pinsker, R., Zhu, H. (2017) "Using Linguistics to Mine Unstructured Data from FASB Exposure Drafts," Journal of Information System (forthcoming)
- Zhu, H., Lee, Y.W., Rosenthal, A.S. (2016) "Data standards challenges for interoperable and quality data," Journal of Data and Information Quality 7:1-2
- Zhu, H. () "Data and Information Quality Research: Its Evolution and Future," Chapman & Hall / CRC.
- Li, X., Zhu, H. (2015) "Data Standardization and Quality Degradation of Human-readable Data," ICIS2015
- Zhu, H. () "West Meets the New East: Teaming Up Young IT Professionals in US and China," IEEE Journal
- Zhu, H., Madnick, S., Lee, Y., Wang, R. (2014) "Data and Information Quality Research: Its Evolution and Future," Chapman & Hall / CRC 2:3
- Rosenthal, A., Seligman, L., Allen, M., Chapman, A., Zhu, H. (2014) "Fit for Purpose: Engineering Principles for Selecting an Appropriate Type of Data Exchange Standard," Information Systems & E-Business Management 12:4 pp. 494-515
- Zhu, H. (2014) "Programming in Java with Financial Literacy," CreateSpace
- Lu, J., Pham, H., Zhu, H., Chen, C. (2014) "A novel indexing method for improving timeliness of high-dimensional data," 20th Americas Conference on Information Systems, AMCIS 2014
- Zhu, H., Wu, H. (2014) "Assessing the Quality of Large-Scale Data Standards: A Case of XBRL GAAP Taxonomy," Decision Support Systems 59: pp. 351-360
- Li, X., Madnick, S.E., Zhu, H. (2013) "A Context-Based Approach to Reconciling Data Interpretation Conflicts in Web Services Composition," ACM Transactions on Internet Technology 13:1 pp. Article 1
- Cao, L., Zhu, H. (2013) "Normal accidents: Data quality problems in erp-enabled manufacturing," Journal of Data and Information Quality 4:3
- HONGWEI, Z., MADNICK, S.E. (2009) "Finding New Uses For Information.," MIT Sloan Management Review 50:4 pp. 18 - 21
- HONGWEI, Z., MADNICK, S.E. (2009) "One Size does not Fit All: Legal Protection for Non-Copyrightable Data.," Communications of the ACM 52:9 pp. 123 - 128
- Zhu, H., Madnick, S.E., Siegel, M.D. (2008) "Enabling global price comparison through semantic integration of web data.," International Journal of Electronic Business 6:4 pp. 319 - 341
- Yang W., L., Pierce, E., Talburt, J., Wang, R.Y., Zhu, H. (2007) "A Curriculum for a Master of Science in Information Quality.," Journal of Information Systems Education 18:2 pp. 233 - 242
Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Summer Collaborative Research: Game-Based Learning for Financial Literacy and Computational Thinking (2011), Grant - Old dominion University
Zhu, H., Rubin, B.
- Understanding the Development of High-Quality Data Standards (2013), Grant - University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Improving Programming and Financial Literacy Education using Student-Developed Games (2013), Grant - NSF
- Improving Programming and Financial Literacy Education using Student-Developed Games (2011), Grant - National Science Foundation (NSF)
Zhu, H., Shen, Y., Najand, M., Ren, Z.
- Faculty Innovator Grant: Teaching Programming with Mobile Financial Literacy Games and Applications (2011), Grant - ODU Center for Learning Technologies
Zhu, H., Shen, Y.
- Co-PI, Mobile and Web Application Development (2011), Grant - Hampton Roads Educational Telecommunications Association, Inc. (WHRO)
Zhu, H., Shen, Y. (Principal), Rubin, B.
- Multiplayer Online Games for Information Quality Management (2010), Grant - Office of Research, Old Dominion University
Zhu, H., Shen, Y., Adcock, A.
- Faculty Proposal Preparation Grant (2008), Grant - Old Dominion University
- Summer Research Fellowship (2009), Grant - Old Dominion University