First-Year Experience, Entrepreneurship Education, Homeschooling, Non-profit Management and Marketing
Professor Finch's current research interests include First-Year Experience, Entrepreneurship Education, Peer Mentors, Homeschooling and Nonprofits/Social Enterprise Opportunities.
- Ed.D: Leadership in Schooling, (2012), University of Massachusetts Lowell - Lowell, MA
Dissertation/Thesis Title: What are the Experiences of Homeschool Mothers?
- MBA: Concentration in Finance, (2005), University of Massachusetts Lowell - Lowell, MA
- BSBA, (2003), University of Massachusetts Lowell - Lowell, MA
- AS: Optometric Technology, (1976), Fisher College - Boston, MA
Deborah Finch is a lecturer in the Manning School of Business. Her journey to teaching in higher education included homeschooling her four children until they went to college, and returning to college herself to earn an MBA and an Ed. D. Her active community involvement includes volunteering and serving on local nonprofit boards. Dr. Finch believes the best way a student can get an education is to take advantage of opportunities in experiential education, service learning, and study abroad experiences. She sees her role as a guide and facilitator, with the hope of helping her students become lifelong learners.
Awards and Honors
- Student Government Association Exceeding Excellence Award for the Manning School of Business (2013), Teaching - University of Massachusetts Lowell Student Government Association
- Outstanding Graduate Student of the Year Award (2005) - University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Mehta, A., Yoon, E., Kulkarni, N., Finch, D. (2016) "An exploratory study of entrepreneurship education in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.," Journal of Entrepreneurship Education 19:2 pp. 120-138
- Teaching NVIVO in the Classroom: A Faculty/Student Presentation, 2012 - Online
- Teach for America: A Nonprofit Perspective - University Honors Difference Maker Program, 2012 - Lowell, MA
- Teaching first-Year Students: Lessons Learned and New Directions - Conversation Dinner, 2010 - Lowell, MA