- MBA, (1996), University of Massachusetts Lowell - Lowell, MA
- BBA: Accounting, (1995), University of Massachusetts Lowell - Lowell, MA
Laura Christianson began her professional career in public accounting at Mullen and Company. Laura continued working in public accounting at Ernst and Young LLP for 3 years before transitioning into private industry. She has also worked as a consultant for developing curriculum for on-line education. Her experience includes corporate and partnership tax returns, consolidations, SEC reporting, overseeing accounting and financial reporting for?multiple?real estate partnerships, budgeting, forecasting and management reporting.
Laura has been teaching at UMass Lowell since 2001. Currently, she teaches full-time at UMass Lowell and also is the Director of the MBA program for the Manning School of Business.?Laura is a member of the American Society of Women Accountants, Massachusetts Society of CPAs, Ernst and Young alumni network and Beta Gamma Sigma. Laura also serves as an advisory board member for the Merrimack Valley Small Business Center.
Awards and Honors
- National Honor Society Member, Scholarship/Research - Sigma Iota Epsilon National Honor Society
- 2015 Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence (2015), Teaching - University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Exemplary Dedication Award (2015), Service, University - Manning School of Business
- Optimizing course delivery utilizing online resources - Northeast Regional Meeting of the American Accounting Association (AAA), October 2016 - Quincy, MA