Skip to Main Content

Immigration Resources

Resources for faculty, staff and students not on visas issued by UMass Lowell.

The following provides you with general resources. You are always encouraged to make your own decision based on the particulars of your personal situation. We also recommend that you check the Massachusetts Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service.

International Students & Scholars on a legal UMass Lowell issued visa document for F-1, J-1, H-1B, O-1, TN, OPT/STEM status should contact the International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO) for all assistance and advice via email: or phone: 978-934-2383. This page is intended to assist all others only.

Travel outside of the U.S. for non-U.S. passport holders from the following countries is not advised, (Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Venezuela and Yemen). Consult with an immigration attorney before any departure from the U.S. Travel for DACA, TPS, Asylees or anyone on any undocumented status is also not advised, obtain legal advice before any travel outside of the U.S.