Skip to Main Content


International Travel updates

Important Notice as of November 8, 2021:Presidential Proclamation 10294 and a separate CDC order provided updated vaccine and testing requirements for entering the US by air. Please note, the COVID-19 pandemic is an evolving situation and as such, these requirements are subject to change. Be sure to monitor the CDC COVID-19 Travel webpage for updates.

As of November 29, 2021: Travel of noncitizens, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, travelling from, or who were present in South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique or Malawi during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the US is suspended.

Report your travel to International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO)

All students that are travelling internationally must complete the International Travel e-form. Students will also have the option of requesting an updated travel authorized I-20 (travel signature).

Traveling Within U.S. Only

If you are traveling within the United States only, make sure to carry your original passport and visa document (i.e. Form I-20, Form DS-2019, Form I-797, Employment Authorization Card, etc.). If you are traveling far away from home or by bus, train, airplane. For local travel/close to home, simply carry PDF copies of above documentation on your cell phone.

Traveling Within U.S. Territories

Visiting Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or the Northern Mariana Islands: no valid visa is needed. You will need to bring your Form I-20 and an unexpired Form I-94, passport and visa. For information pertaining to traveling outside of the U.S., please select the most appropriate category below.