The Graduate Student Association (GSA) is dedicated to enhancing the social, academic and professional development of graduate students at UMass Lowell. Our goal is to reach out to the entire graduate student body through programs and support to create a forum for students and promote a positive environment for personal, professional and academic achievement. We encourage all graduate students to attend meetings, participate in discussions and bring forth issues, but note that only senators from the clubs may vote.
|2022 - 2023 Meeting Dates||Location||Budget Proposal Due Date|
|September 16, 2022||Moloney Hall, University Crossing (UCC) 260||September 9, 2022|
|October 7||Moloney Hall, UCC 260||September 23|
|November 4||Moloney Hall, UCC 260||October 21|
|December 2||Moloney Hall, UCC 260||November 18|
|February 3, 2023||Moloney Hall, UCC 260||January 20, 2023|
|March 3||Moloney Hall, UCC 260||February 17|
|April 7||Moloney Hall, UCC 260||March 17|
|All meetings are at 5 p.m. unless otherwise noted.|
Please regularly check the UMass Lowell Coronavirus Updates webpage for the most up-to-date information.
Weather / Emergency Policy:
If the University is CLOSED on the date of the meeting, then it is cancelled.
NOTE: 2022 - 2023 Club Registration forms are due by 5 p.m. on September 30, 2022 to the GSA Adviser's Office in 839 Merrimack Street, Suite 204.
All Club registration received after this date would not be eligible for seed funds. All Clubs must also register with Engage in Student Affairs, before the semester starts, to be eligible for pro-card use.
Fill it out and submit to be eligible for GSA Activities Funding.
Professional Development Awards (PDA) Committee Deadlines:
The Deadline for applications has Passed, Applications will no longer be accepted!
- Friday, November 11, 2022 by 5 p.m. in GPS Center, 839 Merrimack Street, Suite 204B, Attn: Tim Corcoran
- Friday, April 7, 2023 by 5 p.m. in GPS Center, 839 Merrimack Street, Suite 204B, Attn: Tim Corcoran
- Travel Authorizations are not required for application at this time, travel to PDA conferences is not supported at this time.
Note: the new Online Travel Registration process must be completed BEFORE you travel.
- Domestic Travel Registration
- International Travel Registration
- Online Domestic Student Travel Registry Instructions (pdf)
- Online International Student Travel Registry Instructions (pdf)
Graduate Research Grant Award (GRGA) Application Deadlines:
The Deadline for Applications has Passed, Applications will no longer be accepted!
- Fall 2022 Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Monday, November 14, 2022.
- Spring 2023 applications are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 7, 2023.
PDA and GRGA Applications should be submitted to the respective Committee Chairperson, or sent to GPS Center, 839 Merrimack Street, Suite 204 B, Attn: Tim Corcoran.