The General Education Coordinating Committee (GECC) is a subcommittee of the Faculty Senate Undergraduate Policy Committee, charged with implementing the general education program. The Executive Committee of the Faculty Senate appoints the members of the GECC.
The membership of General Education Coordinating Committee (GECC) includes:
- Four faculty members from the Divisions of the Fine Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Two faculty members from the Division of Science
- One faculty member from each of the Colleges of Engineering, Management and School of Health and Environment
- The Coordinator of General Education
- One representative from the Continuing Education faculty
- Two undergraduate students (nonvoting).
- Liana Cheney - Cultural Studies
- Alan Doerr - Mathematical Sciences
- Michael Graves * - Biological Sciences
- Ann Marie Hurley - Mathematical Sciences
- Jonathan Liebowitz - History
- John McKelliget - Mechanical Engineering
- Richard Siegel - Psychology
- Tony Szczesiul - English
- Stefanie Tate - Accounting
Note: Division of Sciences has one seat vacant. The School of Health and Environment’s seat is vacant, as are two undergraduate representatives.