Intellectual property for visual fine artists;
Legal and ethical issues confronting the sports, entertainment and art fields
Detailed research and writings on domestic and international copyright laws as they apply to visual fine artists especially painters and photographers. Research conducted in Europe, Cuba and throughout the USA. Numerous law review articles on the subject. Publication of latest book on Intellectual Property scheduled for 2014. In the sports arena my text, Sports Law published by Simon & Schuster, for more than a decade has been the most prominent book in its field. Leading research on issues ranging from collective bargaining to performance enhancing drugs. Frequently, lecture throughout the world and have served as an adviser for numerous sports organizations including various national governing bodies for the US Olympic Committee.
- BA: Economics, Denison University - Granville, OH
- JD, University of Miami - Coral Gables, FL
- MBA, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, PA
- Jones, M. (2015) "Copyright and the Arts," Provincetown Arts pp. 93
- Jones, M., Bazin , N. (2014) "Intellectual Property Law Fundamentals,"
- Jones, M. (2014) "Using Service-Learning to Teach Intellectual Property Law to art students: a collaborative museum and university partnership," International Journal of Arts & Sciences 7:1 pp. 227