The Department of Sociology at the University of Massachusetts Lowell, through excellence in teaching, research and service, seeks to contribute to a rigorous, scientific understanding of society that will serve as a powerful resource for strengthening citizenship and communities. We are dedicated to providing an environment in which students gain the skills to think critically and to contribute to social justice and community building through their academic and professional work.
Congratulations to the following 2016 Sociology graduates as they embark of graduate courses of study:
- Connor Stemple – Master of Public Policy at George Mason University
- Shannon O’Doherty – Master of Public Administration at UMass Lowell
- Emily Dasey – Juris Doctor of Law and Social Responsibility at New England Law
- Marly Thomas – Master of Science in Work Environment at UMass Lowell
- Christy Forsman – Master of Education in Vision Studies at UMass Boston
- Joshua Vlahakis – Master of Community Psychology at UMass Lowell