Understanding the science of climate change is important to adults and students alike.
The web is rich in information about climate change, but the quality of information can be inconsistent. The following government websites are all very high quality and represent excellent first steps towards learning about climate change.
Climate Change Science Resources
- Agriculture - This EPA site includes a lot of information about the damage that climate change is doing to America’s food supply and agriculture.
- Agriculture in New England- This site includes information about agriculture in New England and how it is affected by climate change.
- Big Kid Science Books: The Wizard Who Saved the World - This book combines a young person's narrative with deeper climate change topics for learners of all ages.
- Climate Literacy (NOAA) - This site is rich in scientific content and additional resources, but may be a little technical for some.
- Climate Choices (NRC) - This site is very new and greatly influenced the Cool Science’s three main questions. The short videos are an excellent presentation of specific climate change science concepts.
- Climate Warming Flash Cards - Great interactive site that has a virtual version of flash cards for learning climate related concepts.
- Global Climate Change (NASA) - The NASA site is vast and offers something for just about everyone with regards to climate change including research efforts, earth sciences, teaching resources, and videos.
- Global Warming - This site clearly discusses the causes and effects of climate change.
- Heating the Earth with Global Warming - Check out this great resource that covers many topics related to climate change and provides links to further reading!
- Human Influences - This site has a lot of useful information about how humans are affecting the climate and ways to reduce the harm that we are doing to the environment.
- Impacts on New England - NE aquarium discusses how climate change specifically affects New England and the rising sea levels in Boston.
- Impacts On North America - This site takes a closer look specifically at the impacts that global warming has had on North America.
Books on Climate Change
- Anne Rockwell's Why Are the Ice Caps Melting?
- Sally Morgan's Changing Climate
- Seymour Simon's Global Warming
- Peter Benoit's Climate Change