By Julie Nash and Anne Maglia
The Office of the Provost and Office of Research and Innovation are pleased to host the annual Faculty Symposium on Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2023 at the University Crossing (Moloney Hall, 242, 255, 490 & 492). A detailed agenda with locations will be shared as we get closer to December.
Register for the event.
Please hold the date and plan to celebrate your colleagues' successes, learn more about their work, and catch up informally with faculty from across campus. The day’s activities include keynote presentations, lightning talks, a teaching pedagogy panel, and the faculty recognitions ceremony. Faculty are welcome to attend all or part of the Symposium.
We welcome broad participation from faculty at all career stages from across campus. Please consider presenting a 90-second lightning talk about your work and invite opportunities for collaboration.
Examples of topics include:
- Current research or creative work
- Community engagement project to encourage interdisciplinary participation
- Work of a Research & Engagement Center to foster collaboration
- Teaching innovation or best practice that can be adapted to other disciplines
- Service such as a core research facility, library initiative, media teaching lab that can help faculty advance their teaching, research, and scholarship activities
We also ask faculty to consider donating their authored books for display at the event and later at the Faculty Success Center.
Learn more by visiting the Faculty Symposium website or email Faculty_Symposium@uml.edu. Thank you!