An F-1 Student Is Eligible For Pre or Post OPT If:
- The student is in "active" F-1 status
- The student has been a full-time student for one academic year (academic year equates to the fall/spring or spring/fall semesters – summer is not counted).
- The student is not in a Non-Degree Pathway I-20
- The student is not in a Non-Degree Language I-20
- The student’s proposed employment relates to the student’s major area of study
- The student has not been authorized for 12 months or more of full-time Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
If you are eligible, next step