American Politics, Political Methodology
American politics, and political research methods,
- Ph D: Political Science, (2015), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Dissertation/Thesis Title: Grassroots Lobbying and the Economics of Political Information in the Digital Age
- MA: Political Science, (2012), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- BA: Political Communication, (2004), George Washington University - Washington, DC
Selected Awards and Honors
- Best Graduate Student Poster Award (2014) - 14th Annual State Politics and Policy Conference
- Cluverius, J., Dyck, J. (2019). Deconstructing Popular Mythologies about Millennials and Party Identification. The Forum, 17(2) 271-294.
- Dyck, J., Cluverius, J., Gerson, J. (2019). Sports, Science, and Partisanship in the United States: Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy and the Polarisation of an Apolitical Issue. International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics, 11(1) 133-152.
- Cluverius, J., Banda, K.K. (2018). How Trust Attitudes Promote Grassroots Lobbying in the American States. Social Science Quarterly.
- Cluverius, J. (2017). How the Flattened Costs of Grassroots Lobbying Affect Legislator Responsiveness. Political Research Quarterly, 70(2) 279-290.
- Lowery, D., Gray, V., Cluverius, J. (2015). Temporal Change in the Density of State Interest Communities. State Politics & Policy Quarterly, 15(2) 263-286.
- Gray, V., Cluverius, J., Harden, J.J., Shor, B., Lowery, D. (2015). Party Competition, Party Polarization, and the Changing Demand for Lobbying in the American States. American Politics Research, 43(2) 175-204.
- Lowery, D., Gray, V., Cluverius, J., Harden, J.J. (2013). Explaining the Anomalous Growth of Public Sector Lobbying in the American States, 1997–2007. Publius: The Journal of Federalism, 43(4) 580-599.
- Lowery, D., Gray, V., Cluverius, J. (2013). Economic change and the supply of interest representation in the American States. Business and Politics, 15(01) 33-61.
- Aday, S., Cluverius, J., Livingston, S. (2005). As Goes the Statue, So Goes the War: The Emergence of the Victory Frame in Television Coverage of the Iraq War. Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media, 49(3) 314-331.
Selected Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Thomas M. Uhlman Summer Research Award (), Grant - UNC Political Science
- Thomas M. Uhlman Travel Grant (), Grant - UNC Political Science
- Duke University Institutions and Political Economy Seed Grant (), Grant - Duke University
Cluverius, J. (Co-Principal)