About the Club
The University of Massachusetts Lowell cheerleading program is a competitive Division 1 team. UML cheerleading brings River hawk spirit to select athletic and community events. The team provides spirit and performances at men’s & women’s home basketball games and select athletic and community events.
In addition to these events, the team trains and practices year round to compete locally and nationally. Apart from competing and promoting spirit, the team participates in various community and service events throughout the year.
The UML cheer program is partially funded by Club Sports and supported by both the Club Sports and Athletic Departments. The team also participates in various fundraising events throughout the year to help fund the cost of travel, entry fees, hotel accommodations, and program costs.
For more information or questions about our program, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Attend NCA College Nationals in Daytona Beach, Florida and compete locally
- Top 4 in All-Girl D1 Intermediate 2018 & 2019
- Silver Bid Recipient at NCA Summer Camp
- Team consists of up to 20-30 members
- Practice 2-3x a week during school year
- Tumbling 1x a week
- Strength & Conditioning 1x a week
- Practice space located in the Campus Recreation Center Court 3 & Costello Gym
- Recruitment clinics held in November/December
- Team tryouts held in May for upcoming season
- Fall tryouts/open practices occasionally held for potential new members
- Participates in multiple fundraisers, programming, clinics, and outreach events to fund the necessary expenses needed to compete and attend Nationals each year.