Summer 2023 Registration Closed.
UMass Lowell (UML) has crafted this specific program to help college-bound first year students prepare for college, build community, and get a jump start on classes. Students can complete up to two courses during this program. This program is ideal for students who are seeking an opportunity to complete coursework prior to starting their college experience in the fall.
In addition, students are supported with program-required student success seminars, tutoring, and regular check-ins on course progress by professional advisors.
Program Dates: July 5 - August 14, 2023
- UMass Lowell Deposited Students: $275 per credit
- College Bound Students: $340 per credit
Choose one or two courses from:
- MATH.1115 Fundamentals of Algebra: 4 credits
- MATH.1225 Precalculus 1: 4 credits
- MATH.1230 Precalculus 2: 4 credits
- MATH.1310 Calculus 1: 4 credits
- CHEM.1020 Forensic Science for the Non-Scientist: 3 credits
- ACCT.2010 Accounting/Financial Accounting: 3 credits
- ENTR.1500 Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Business: 3 credits
- LGST.2620 Business Law: 3 credits
- ECON.2010 Principles of Microeconomics: 3 credits
- HSCI.1011 Medical Terminology for Health Professionals: 1 credit
- PHIL.2030 Introduction to Ethics: 3 credits
- CHEM.1150 Principles of Chemistry: 3 credits
- ENGL.1010 College Writing 1: 3 credits
- HONR.1200 Designing Your College Life: 3 credits
- FAHS.1500 Major Exploration Seminar: 1 credit
Students can complete the program while living on campus or commuting.
Students also participate in program-required Success Workshops that are designed to help students with their enrolled summer coursework.
For an additional cost, students are able to live on campus in River Hawk Village for the 6-week Program.
- 6 Week Residence in River Hawk Village: $1,820
- Required Meal Plan Options:
- 10 meals per week: $780
- 19 meals per week: $1,250
Scholarship opportunities may be available for those who qualify.
To view our full list of summer coursework at UMass Lowell, please visit our UMass Lowell Online summer course offerings.*
*Only the coursework listed with UMass Lowell Liftoff offered at discounted tuition rate.