The mission of the Center for Program Evaluation (CPE) is to conduct research on program evaluation methods as well as to offer evaluation planning, consulting, training and services for the university, regional, and global community. CPE offers program evaluation services that support the University’s missions of research, teaching, and service to the community and industry. Efforts will be focused in the following critical areas:
- Providing consultation for UMass Lowell faculty, staff, and external partners in program evaluation, including assistance with writing these elements of grant proposals;
- Conducting internal and/or external evaluations for programs and grant funded projects;
- Housing specialized program evaluation staff and resources that can be shared across Colleges and disciplines for funded research activity;
- Serving as a clearinghouse for matching requests for program evaluation with appropriate university faculty and staff;
- Engaging graduate students in experiential learning opportunities through the center’s activities;
- Conducting program evaluation and data analysis workshops for internal and external audiences;
- Executing high level research on program evaluation to disseminate at scholarly and professional outlets.