Ravi Mosurkal , Center for Advanced Materials, NSRDEC
Adjunct Faculty, Research Chemist
Enzymatic/eco-friendly synthesis and physical characterization of organic chromophores and polymers for opto-electronics applications. Studying structure-property relationships via theoretical modeling, quantum chemical calculations and spectroscopic investigations. Power/energy from renewable resources, multifunctional materials, nanomaterials, biomimetics, eco-safe FR materials, green synthesis, organic solar cells, antimicrobial properties of polymers.
||School of Chemistry, University of Hyderabad, India, 1992 - 97
||University of Hyderabad, India; Chemistry, 1991 - 1992
||Osmania University, India; Chemistry, 1989 - 1991
||Osmania University, India; Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, 1986 - 1989
US Army Natick Soldier RDEC (2010 – present)
Research Chemist: Bio-catalytic synthesis/processing of materials for flame retardant applications, anti-microbial properties, opto-electronics, sensors, energy conversion.
University of Massachusetts Lowell (2009 - present)
Adjunct Faculty, Center for Advanced Materials
US Army Natick Soldier RDEC (2004 – 2009)
Sr. NRC Fellow: Synthesis of hole conducting materials for organic/inorganic hybrid heterojunction photovoltaic cells and flame retardant polymers for Army applications.
University of Massachusetts Lowell (2000 - 2004)
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Center for Advanced Materials,: Developing new molecular dyes for the photosensitization in nanocrystalline Titanium dioxide based Photovoltaic cells.
University of Durham, Durham, UK (1998 – 1999)
Postdoctoral Research Associate: Optoelectronics group,: Synthesis of Soluble chromophores and polymers for Polymeric Optical Fiber (POF) Networks.
University of Hyderabad, India (1992 – 1997)
PhD Research Fellow: The synthesis and characterization of a new class of organic materials for their use in nonlinear optical applications.
• US Army Research and Development Achievement Award, 2011
• Senior Research Associateship, National Research Council, June 2004-present
• Chartered Chemist, Royal Society of Chemistry, United Kingdom, 2002
• Gold Medal for securing University I rank in M.Sc., Osmania University, India, 1991
• Junior Research Fellow, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India, 1992-1994
• Senior Research Fellow, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India, 1994-1997
• Member of Royal Society of Chemistry
• Member of American Chemical Society