Competitive Requirements for Operational and Consulting Services greater than $50,000, per fiscal year:
Select a vendor from a Competitive Bid Process.
The Procurement Office coordinates and manages all competitive bids and proposals for the System Office. They can assist you in developing the required documents and can help guide you through the entire bid process.
For more information regarding the Competitive Bid Process, or to initiate a Competitive Bid, please contact us at Purchasing@uml.edu.
Note: All Selection of Source: Sole Source Justification forms must be signed by a Vice President and approved by the Director of Procurement. A Selection of Source: Sole Source Justification may only be used if the following conditions exist:
- The product being purchased is unique and the specified vendor is the only vendor from whom the product may be purchased, or
- Similar products may exist, but for reasons of expertise, standardization, quality, compatibility with existing equipment, specifications or availability, the vendor selected is the only acceptable vendor to the University.
- Requester must establish that the price proposed represent the best value to the University and that the vendor has accepted the University Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Legal review is required on all professional service contracts greater than $50,000 prior to obtaining a vendor signature.
- A purchase requisition must be entered and approved in the UMass BuyWays System.
- If a vendor is selected from a competitive bid process, the bid number must be referenced on the UMass BuyWays requisition.
- If a Selection of Source: Sole Source Justification Form is used, the form must be attached as an internal attachment to the UMass BuyWays requisition.
- A University of Massachusetts Contract for Services must be completed attached as an internal attachment to the UMass BuyWays requisition. If the purchase is for consulting services of $300,000 or greater, the contract will be routed by Procurement and Strategic Contracting for signature by the University President.
- Requisitions will not be approved in UMass BuyWays until all required documents are attached to the UMass BuyWays requisition.