The UMass Lowell Business Analytics Society
was founded by students with majors in the OIS department of the Manning School of Business. The Business Analytics Society has been there for students as a networking tool and an avenue for learning about the ever-changing topics of technology and how it effects our corresponding industries. The OIS Club is the official University of Massachusetts Lowell student chapter of APICS.
By joining Business Analytics Society, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Network with business professionals in the Boston/Lowell/Nashua region.
- Go on plant tours of area businesses.
- Development Workshops
- Learn ways to use OM and IS principles to make work and life better.
- Much more
APICS stands for Association for Operations Management. Its focuses include superior training, internationally recognized certifications, and comprehensive educational resources in the areas of production, inventory, materials management, purchasing, logistics, and more.
APICS Student membership offers students in the Operations Management field a distinct competitive advantage they benefit from:
- Enhanced skills and career mobility achieved through APICS certification programs
- Full use of the premier online resource management placement site-the APICS Career Center
- Networking opportunities and targeted local training available through more than 270 APICS chapters
- Discounts averaging 20% on APICS books, videotapes, courseware, and training aids
- Savings on more than 30 workshops and programs designed to keep performance levels high
- Real-time solutions to real-life business challenges in areas from software selection to production activity control, available through Ask APICS (formerly the Industrial Inquiry Service)
- Discounts on business services such as car rental and express shipping services
- Recognition, career enhancement, increased project management, and team-building skills achieved through participation in the APICS Recognition Program
- APICS scholarships.