ExpertiseDiscrimination, healthcare experiences, women's health
Discrimination, healthcare experiences, women's health, health disparities
- MA: Clinical Psychology, (2021), Sabahattin Zaim University - Istanbul, Turkey
Dissertation/Thesis Title: The impact of cognitive bias modification on perfectionism and intolerance of uncertainty: An experimental study
- BA: Counseling Psychology, (2019), Bogazici University - Istanbul, Turkey
Kubra Tor-Cabuk is a PhD student in Applied Psychology and Prevention Science at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. She received her MA in Clinical Psychology where she developed a cognitive bias modification program in PsycoPy. Her doctoral research and teaching interests focus on Women's Health, discrimination in medical settings, and healthcare utilization. She is passionate about learning new statistical skills and research methods. She has experiences in both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Ho, I. & Cabuk, K. (2023). The Impact of Racial Discrimination on the Health of Asian Americans During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Scoping Review. Ethnicity & Health.
- Awaad, R.; Rajeh NB., Cabuk, K., Sifat, M. & Raza Khan, A. (2023). Impacts Of Census Categories On Muslim American Health. Health Affairs Forefront
- Cabuk, K. & Koc, V. (Under review). Combined Cognitive Bias Modification for Perfectionism and Intolerance of Uncertainty.??
- Cabuk, K. & Ho, I. (Manuscript in progress). The mediating role of religiosity in the associations between well-being and religious & racial identities of Muslim Americans: A multilevel analysis. Selected Presentations: Cabuk, K. & Ho, I. (2023, August 3–5). The role of intersectionality and identity development in Muslim American women's health [Peer-reviewed conference presentation]. APA 2023 Convention, Washington, DC, United States.
- Cabuk, K. & Ho, I. (2023, April 26–29). The association between mammogram screening and perceived discrimination, religiosity, and communication with the provider [Peer-reviewed poster presentation]. 44th Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions of the Society of Behavioral Medicine, Phoenix, AZ, United States.
- Cabuk, K. & Awaad, R. (2023, March 10-11). Role of mosque communities in supporting Muslims with mental illnesses: Results of CBPR-oriented focus groups in Bay Area, California. [Peer-reviewed conference presentation]. 15th Annual Muslim Mental Health Conference, Michigan, United States.
- Cabuk, K. & Ho, I. (2022, August 4–6). Healthcare Experiences of Muslim Women in the United States [Peer-reviewed conference presentation]. APA 2022 Convention, Minneapolis, MN, United States.
- Cabuk, K. & Koç, V. (2021, May 3–5). Efficacy of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) in Eastern Cultures: A systematic review and meta-analysis [Peer reviewed conference presentation]. 10th international congress of cognitive psychotherapy, Virtual.
- Cabuk, K. & Ho, I. (2022, August 4–6). Healthcare Experiences of Muslim Women in the United States [Peer reviewed conference presentation]. APA 2022 Convention, Minneapolis, MN, United States.
- Efficacy of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) in Eastern Cultures: A systematic review and meta-analysis, 10th International Congress of Cognitive Psychotherapy, Virtual, May 2021