International Relations, Civil War, and Political Methodology
Civil Conflict; Peace Processes; Industrial Organization of Rebel Groups; (Pro-government) Militia; Research Methods – Bayesian Statistics; Survival Models
- Ph D: Political Science, (2019), The Pennsylvania State University - University Park, PA
- MA: Political Science, (2015), The Pennsylvania State University - University Park, PA
- BA: International Relations, (2011), New York University - New York
- Brandon Bolte, Minnie M. Joo, Bumba Mukherjee. 2021. "Security Consolidation in the Aftermath of Civil War: Explaining the Fates of Victorious Militias." Journal of Conflict Resolution. Published online on March 16, 2021.
- Minnie M. Joo and Bumba Mukherjee. 2021. "Rebel command and control, time, and rebel group splits." International Interactions 47(2):318-345. DOI: 10.1080/03050629.2021.1848823.
- Minnie M. Joo, Nicolás Schmidt, Sergio Béjar, Vineeta Yadav, Bumba Mukherjee. 2020. "BayesMFSurv: An R Package to Estimate Bayesian Split-Population Survival Models With (and Without) Misclassified Failure Events." The Journal of Open Source Software 5(48): 2164. DOI: 10.21105/joss.02164/
- Benjamin E. Bagozzi, Minnie M. Joo, Bomin Kim, Bumba Mukherjee. 2019. "A Bayesian Split Population Survival Model for Duration Data With Misclassified Failure" (with R Package). Political Analysis 27(4): 415-434.