If you are not a current client, there are two ways to schedule an initial appointment. Note that first appointments are scheduled same-day. If possible, contact the Wellness Center first thing in the morning to allow for more flexibility in scheduling.
- Call the Wellness Center at 978-934-6800 during regular business hours and speak with a Wellness Assistant.
- Walk into the Wellness Center during regular business hours and speak with a Wellness Assistant.
First time appointments generally last about 25 minutes. You will be asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time to allow ample time to complete our intake paperwork. This paperwork allows the clinician to gain important background information and helps to guide the appointment.
The clinician will listen to your concerns, ask some follow-up questions and will then make a recommendation of next steps. Common recommendations include:
- Beginning group therapy at UMLCS
- Beginning short-term individual therapy at UMLCS
- Referrals to other supports on campus
- Referrals to outside providers for more long-term or specialized support
If You Are In Crisis
If you or someone you know is experiencing a crisis during regular business hours and cannot wait for an appointment, please inform the Wellness Assistant of this when you call/walk-in. If you are concerned for your or someone else's immediate safety, please call Campus Police at 978-934-4911.
If you are experiencing a crisis outside of regular business hours, you can call Campus Police for assistance or call the Wellness Center at 978-934-6800 and press 1 to speak with the on-call clinician.