Please see below for existing biomanufacturing training and workforce development training resources.
Industrial Bioprocessing Training 2023
- Date: July 31 - August 4, 2023
- Location: UMass Lowell North Campus, Lowell, Mass.
Instructors: Industry professionals from BMS, Pfizer, MilliporeSigma, UMass Biologics and UMass experts.
This course teaches key principles and concepts of industrial bioprocessing of protein, cell and gene therapies. The course covers recent technologies and practices of upstream, downstream, and analytical tools in the bioprocessing industry. In addition, FDA initiatives of PAT (Process Analytical Technology), Quality by Design, and Emerging Technology will be covered.
- Cost of attendance: $2,950
Learn more and register on the University of Massachusetts Lowell Industrial Bioprocessing Course website.
Metabolic and Bioprocess Modelling for Animal Cells Course 2023
- Date: October 15-19, 2023
- Location: Llafrank, Spain
Coordinators: Dong-Yup Lee, Sungkyunkwan University (Republic of Korea), Cleo Kontoravdi, Imperial College (UK), Emma Petiot, Université de Lyon (France)
This is an introductory course intended to cover the main modelling approaches relevant to animal cell systems. The course will cover the following topics:
- Kinetic and stoichiometric modelling
- Flux balance analysis
- Chemometrics and their use to support integration of Process Analytical Technologies
- Computational Fluid Dynamics of cell bioreactors
- Machine learning approaches for analyzing multiomics datasets
The course will consist of lectures on the topics and computer-based hands-on workshops with case studies.
Learn more and apply now on the European Society for Animal Cell Technology (ESACT) website.