Professional preparation of community health educators; pedagogy in community health education
Health education pedagogy
Investigating novel approaches to health education pedagogy
- Ph D: Education, (2011), Virginia Commonwealth University - Richmond, VA
Supporting Area: Health Education/Health Promotion
Dissertation/Thesis Title: The Role of Faith Leaders in Partnerships Among Health Promotion Researchers and Faith Communities
Rebecca Foco, Ph.D./MCHES, serves as an Associate Teaching Professor in the Department of Public Health. In addition to teaching a variety of health education and promotion courses, Foco is the director of the public health program Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) accreditation application process.
Selected Awards and Honors
- 2015 Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence (2015), Teaching - University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ripley, E., Ramsey, C., Prorock-Ernest, A., Foco, R., Luckett Jr, S., Ornato, J.P. (2012). EMS Providers and Exception from Informed Consent Research: Benefits, Ethics, and Community Consultation. Prehospital Emergency Care.
- Foco, R. (2011). The Role of Faith Leaders in Partnerships among Health Promotion Researchers and Faith Communities.
- Formative assessment: Small Investments Can Yield Big Returns - 2018 Teaching Professor Conference, June 2018 - Atlanta, GA