Skip to Main Content
STEM Articles in the Non-Academic Press
- “Why So Few? Women In Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics”
A downloadable AAUW 2010 report on key research findings which explain the current lack of women in STEM.
- “5 Numbers That Explain Why STEM Diversity Matters to All of Us”
A 2015 article from Wired magazine explaining the importance of diversity in STEM and its effects on the US workforce.
- “Women in Tech Report: Disturbing drop of women in the computing field” Fortune, March 26 2015
A 2015 article from Fortune discussing a disturbing drop in women in computing fields
- Sandberg, S (2011). Transcript of Barnard College Commencement Address (May 17, New York City)
The transcript and video recording of the Chief Operating Officer of Facebook’s address to Barnard College graduates
- “Why Is STEM Education Important?” Erin Carmody, 23 August, 2016
This is a good overview of the advantages of STEM education from STEM Village, a supplemental online education program.
- “Closing the STEM Gender Gap: Why Is It Important and What Can You Do to Help?” Celia Islam.
Posted in THE BLOG at the Huffington Post, November 20, 21013 originally, and updated January 23, 2014