The Manning School of Business Accounting Advisory Board serves in an advisory capacity to the accounting faculty and as advocates of the accounting program. The Manning Accounting Advisory Board is composed of business leaders and accounting professionals who provide advice to the accounting department to better prepare our students for career challenges. The Board meets each semester to discuss business and employment trends, assess program objectives and advise the department on proposals to continuously improve the accounting curriculum to best serve the needs of our students.
The Objectives of the Accounting Advisory Board
Provide a source from which the faculty and Chair may seek and receive advice relating to curriculum development, faculty involvement in the profession, faculty research and other matters necessary to ensure the development and continuance of a dynamic program in accounting. In addition to discussing curriculum for business needs, Advisory Board members will interact with classes and participate in speaker days and events in classes and on campus.
- Provide communication links between the faculty and professional accountancy communities
- Promote a positive image for the accounting program within the professional community and to the public
Community Outreach and Events
Encourage students and alumni to help promote the accounting major in events such as an annual accounting career day.
Internships and Job Placement
Assist preparing future leaders by monitoring openings at Advisory Board member firms or by creating an opportunity for an internship or a full-time job position.
- Chair: Michael Smith, Partner, RSM US LLP
- Will Andronico, Managing Partner, New England, Baker Tilly, US
- Clinton Carney, Controller, Torii
- Charles Comtois, Shareholder, Sullivan Bille PC
- Pierrette Dingue, Audit Manager, New England, Baker Tilly, US
- Zach Donah, Senior Director of Advocacy, MassCPAs
- Jessica Greene, Audit Manager, Powers & Sullivan LLC
- Tom Kubishta, Regional Director, Eastern US, Wiley
- James McCarthy, Senior Manager, Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures at Deloitte
- Jeffrey Mead, Assurance Partner, AAFCPAs
- Nick Tamvaklis, Partner, DGC a division of PKF O'Connor Davies, LLP