Initial Classification of Residency
Initial determination of the residency status for tuition classification, as part of the admissions process for undergraduate freshmen and transfer students and graduate students, is performed by Undergraduate and/or Graduate Admissions staff, with support from the Residency Officer. New applicants my be contacted if conflicting or missing information/documentation make determining the correct residency status difficult.
To apply for reclassification, the following three (3) forms must be filled out and submitted with supporting documentation (see residency classification worksheet for a list of documents):
- Residency Reclassification Cover Sheet (pdf)
- In-State Tuition Eligibility Form (pdf)
- Residency Classification Worksheet (pdf)
Inquiries can be directed to email@example.com or by calling the Residency Officer.
The Office of Enrollment Management:
Tammy Millette, Assistant to the Dean of Enrollment Management and Residency Officer
How to submit the application and documentation:
In person or by mail:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
220 Pawtucket St., Suite 420
Lowell, MA 01854
You may also submit forms and documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline to submit reclassification applications and supporting documentation is the first day of classes for each semester (academic calendars).
- Applications received after the first day of classes will be processed, but will not take effect until the following semester.
- Exceptions due to extraordinary circumstances will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the Residency Officer.
NOTE: The applicant is responsible for the payment of tuition, fees and other financial obligations to the institution within the prescribed deadlines while the review of a residency request is underway.