Bus Driver Directions to Tsongas Industrial History Center Boott Cotton Mills Museum in Lowell, Mass.
- Bus Drop-Off GPS Address: 40 French Street, Lowell, MA
- Car Drop-Off & Parking GPS Address: 75 John Street, Lowell, MA
- Second Choice Car Parking GPS Address: 1 Post Office Square, Lowell, MA
- To the Teacher: Please give these directions to the bus driver and/or the people driving cars to the program.
DO NOT follow signs to the National Park Visitor Center or the Tsongas Center (Arena) at UMass Lowell.
- From I-495 or Rt. 3, take the Lowell Connector to the end.
- Turn left onto Gorham Street, which will become Central Street. (Road divides and has a slight bow in it, but continue in the original direction).
- Proceed through four traffic lights. At the fifth set of lights the road forks. A bank is in the center of the fork. Take right fork (Prescott Street).
- Follow Prescott one block to the traffic light. Cross Merrimack Street at traffic light. The road jogs slightly to the left as you cross Merrimack.
- After crossing Merrimack, proceed to the next set of lights and turn left (French Street).
- Proceed to light. DO NOT turn right into the Boott Mills Parking Area.
Buses: Drop-off/loading area is on right side just past the light at the curb in front of a park (Boarding House Park).
Cars: Turn left and then left into the Joseph Downes Parking Garage on 75 John Street ($6-$8 per car, 6’8” clearance). If the Parking Garage is full, parking is also available at the George A. Ayotte Parking Garage on 1 Post Office Square.
Look for facilitators from the Tsongas Center and National Park who will be stationed at the drop-off point on the corner of John and French Street, in front of Boarding House Park.
Get directions to campus using our interactive maps.