WindSTAR industry partnerships bring together university and industry researchers to conduct basic and applied research on topics that relate to the advancement of wind turbines and the wind industry and combine state-of-the-art capabilities and knowledge to advance projects relevant and of mutual interest to industry partners. In addition, researchers train students in the advanced technologies that are important to industry members, as well as to foster a community for networking, interactions and collaboration.
WindSTAR industry members comprise the Industry Advisory Board (IAB), which votes on research proposals developed jointly with University faculty, and then mentors the selected projects to ensure high-value results.
To join or to learn more about the center, please contact us.
As an industry partner, you’ll receive many member benefits, such as:
- NSF Support and University Cost Share provide member fees to directly support research
- Very low 10 percent overhead on pooled research
- Pooling money improves return on investment in new technologies
- Currently 16:1 leveraging of each membership fee
- Access to special federal funding - Enables IAB members to team on projects supported by NSF, DOE and others
- Invited to attend semi-annual center meetings
- Guide project execution
- provide input and guidance to faculty and students
- Cast 8 votes as an Industrial Member or 3 votes as a SB Member
- Work with faculty to identify topics of interest and propose new research projects
- Receive copies of semi-annual project reports
- Receive non-exclusive rights to IP generated across the Center
- Can also provide additional funding for special projects with exclusive rights to IP
- Receive copies of manuscripts generated by the faculty and students prior to publication
- Receive an annual resume book featuring participating students trained in the industry
- Networking and collaborative activities
- Access to leading researchers and facilities
- Improved industry visibility and reputation for I/UCRC members