Protein Structure / Function Relationships
- Ph.D.: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, (2001), Purdue University - Indiana,USA
Dissertation/Thesis Title: Interaction of the Virally Encoded Fungal Toxin KP4 with Calcium Channels (Advisor : Prof. Thomas J. Smith).
- BS: Chemistry, (1996), University of Wyoming - Wyoming, USA
- BS: Molecular Biology with Honors, (1996), University of Wyoming - Wyoming, USA
Selected Awards and Honors
- Dean's List - University of Wyoming
- NIH Biophysics Training Grant (2001) - Purdue University
- Honor Book, Department of Molecular Biology. (1996) - University of Wyoming
- Outstanding Student, Department of Chemistry (1996) - University of Wyoming
- NSF REU Fellow, Department of Chemistry (1995) - University of Wyoming
- Putra, C., Rimkis, B., Shehaj, A., Gage, M., Konow, N., Mangano, K. (2019). Impact of Dietary Protein Source on Muscle Performance: An in-vivo Behavioral Assay (OR26-05-19). Oxford University Press
- Dutta, S., Tsiros, C., Sundar, S.L., Athar, H., Moore, J.R., Nelson, B., Gage, M., Nishikawa, K. (2018). Calcium increases titin N2A binding to F-actin and regulated thin filaments. Scientific reports, 8(1) 14575.
- Tiffany, H., Sonkar, K., Gage, M. (2017). The Insertion Sequence of the N2A Region of Titin Exists in an Extended Structure with Helical Characteristics. BBA - Proteins & Proteomics!!!, 1865(1) 1 - 10.
- Athar, H., Gage, M. (2016). Assessing the Functional Role of Titin N2A-PEVK Region in Active Muscle Contraction. Biophysical Journal, (3).
- Done, A.J., Gage, M., Nieto, N.C., Traustadóttir, T. (2016). Exercise-Induced Nrf2-Signaling Is Impaired in Aging. Free Radical Biology & Medicine!!!, 96 130 - 138.
- Premawardhana, S., Gage, M. (2016). The PEVK Region of Titin: Deciphering the Molecular Interactions of Elasticity. Biophysical Journal, (3).
- Characterization of the intrinsically Disordered Region of Soluble Guanylate Cyclase Aplha-1 Subunit" poster, Candice V. Benally, Parul Singh, and Matthew Gage, February 2014, Biophysical Society Annual Meeting. - Poster and Seminar Presentations, February 2014 - San Francisco, CA
- Structural Studies on the N2A-IS Region of Titin poster, Kanchan Sonkar, Holly Tiffany, and Matthew Gage, February 2014, Biophysical Society Annual meeting, San Francisco, CA." - Poster and Seminar Presentations, February 2014
- Intrinsically Disordered Proteins: Understanding protein Function in the Absence of Structure - Seminar Presentations, February 2013 - Fargo, ND
- Exploring the World of Intrinsically Disordered proteins" Matthew Gage, January 2013, IMSD Regional Meeting". - Invited Talk, January 2013 - Arizona
- Developing Inhibitors for E. Coli tryptophan Synthase and Indole -3- Glyserol Phosphate Synthase Utilizing in vitro and in silico techniques - Poster, August 2012 - San Diego, CA
- Characterizing the Structure and Function of Truncations from the Anti-Sigma Factor FlgM from Aquifex aeolicus - Poster and Talk, August 2012 - San Diego, CA
- - Structural Characterization of the Unique Sequence Region from the N2A Domain of Titin, August 2012 - San Diego, CA
- Thrombospondin-1 binding to CD 47 in the Regulation of Nitric Oxide Signaling, , August 2012 - San Diego, CA
- Determining the Effects of various Crowding Agents on eGEP to Model Folding within the Cell, Poster, Amber Enriquez and Matthew Gage . - Poster, July 2011 - Boston, MA
- Developing Inhibitors for Tryptophan Synthase Utilizing in Vitro and in Silico Studies was done by Holly Tiffany and Matthew Gage . - Poster, July 2011 - San Diego, CA
- Development of Novel inhibitors of Indole glycerol -3-Phosphate, was done by Andrew Allen, Dorothy Kampf and Matthew Gage. - Poster, July 2011 - Boston, MA
- Assessing the Degree of Disorder in Homologous FlgM proteins, Poster and Talk was done by Rachel Brackett, Wai kit ma and Matthew Gage. - Poster and Talk, July 2011 - Boston, MA
- Assessing Various Ways to Mimic the Cellular Environment , was successfully done by Avery Fricker, Chad park and Matthew Gage. - Poster and Talk, July 2011 - Boston ,MA
- Aquifex aeolicus FlgM protein exhibits a temperature dependent disordered nature - poster, July 2010 - San Diego, CA
- Designing novel antimicrobial compounds to inhibit unexplored metabolic pathways,'' Poster, Andrew Allen, Samuel Gilmore, Rhett Molloy, Allison Grace, Jason McCabe, Cindy Browder, Matthew Gage", was done in July 2010. - Poster, July 2010 - San Diego, CA
- Exploring conformational changes associated with binding of YC-1 to soluble guanylyl cyclase, Poster, Malia Davis, Camille Aguilera, Shauna Cooney, Matthew Gage, July 2010. - Poster, July 2010 - San Diego, CA
- Development of Inhibitors of the Methionine and Tryptophan Biosynthetic pathways, Seminar was done by Matthew J. Gage, DTRA TMT Quarterly Meeting in July 2010. - Seminar, July 2010
- Aquifex aeolicus FLgM Protein exhibits a temperature dependent disordered nature., February 2010 - San Francisco, CA.
- Applying Thermodynamics to Fragment -based Drug Development - Seminar and Poster publications, February 2010 - San Francisco, CA
- Assessing the degree of disorder in homologous FlgM proteins. - Seminar Presentations, February 2010 - San Francisco, CA.
Selected Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Improve musculoskeletal Health especially among the elderly (2018), Grant - IDEA Inter-Disciplinary Exchange & Advancement Initiative
Lewis, E.S., Gage, M., Nugent, M.A., Mangano, K., Konow, N., Scribner-Maclean, M.
- UMOVE UMass MOVEment Research Center-Exploring the mechanics of movement and muscle function (2017), Grant - UMass President's Office Science and Technology Initiative
Lewis, E.S., Gage, M.,