The Career & Co-op Center is committed to serving our students and alumni through a full complement of virtual offerings.
I’d like some expert advice
I want to explore virtually
Career Services’ Top 5 Tips for Helping Your Virtual Job Search
- Make your resume standout and practice your interview skills! UMass Lowell (UML) Career & Co-op Center staff is available via appointment. Book an appointment online. Writing an engaging cover letter? Nailing those tricky interview questions? We've got you covered.
- Skills (transferable) pay the bills: Fewer job postings is an opportunity get creative when looking for the right position. Think about what kinds of transferable skills and experiences you have that will benefit that specific employer.
- Tap your network and let everyone know you’re searching. Use LinkedIn and UML Connect to reach out and respond to professionals in your desired field in order to build connections in your industry. Understand that nothing may happen right now, but when things pick up, you’ll be on their radar.
- Learn a new skill or tighten up a skill you do have. Resources like: LinkedIn Learning (available to the UML community), Khan Academy, SkillShare or YouTube can be your new best friend. Tell your interviewer how you taught yourself Google Analytics because you knew it would serve the position.
- Don’t watch the clock. Take the time to take care of yourself. Hiring takes time and companies will not necessarily hire the first applicant, so it is okay to take a day to do something else.